Rev. John R. Heidinger was commissioned missionary to Mandan on April 8, 1956. He preached the first sermon on April 22, 1956 in rented space at the old Memorial Building. The congregation dedicated its first church building on Sunset Drive on December 23, 1956 and held its first service on December 24, 1956.
On June 9, 1991, the congregation moved into a new building on Boundary Road. Messiah has recently completed an addition to this church which houses an education/fellowship room and much needed storage space. We’ve also had the honor of having our last pastor, Rev. Dr. James Baneck, elected as North Dakota LCMS District President in February of 2009.
And so we begin a new chapter in Messiah’s history with Pastor Mark Drews as our current pastor.